22 Feb THE BENEFITS OF MINERAL MAKEUP
Mineral makeup today is the trend. Most products, not only foundations, but eyeshadows, lipsticks, etc. all claim to be “mineral” and much healthier for us.
I wonder if many of you know what the term “mineral makeup” means?
Well, I thought that today, I would share the knowledge that I receive from the labs who produce the products for most major companies claiming to have “mineral” products.
When you read the ingredients, I am sure that many times you see words that sound as if they are chemicals, when in fact they are mineral and claim to have the following benefits:
- Safe for sensitive skin
- Anti inflammatory
- Natural look and feel on skin
- Soothing and calming
All of the above have proven to be true. Mineral foundations work miracles, in their very natural way.
I have a Mineral Powder Foundation in my line that I absolutely adore. I love the results it gives with one quick swish with a brush. Fast, easy and flawless. I recommend it highly, especially to teenagers and they love it.
THE BENEFICIAL INGREDIENTS:
- CALCIUM – Builds and maintains bone and teeth. Calcium helps regulate the passage of nutrients in and out of the cell wall and is important in mainting proper nerve and muscle function. In TOPICAL COSMETIC APPLICATION, calcium is considered generally to be a potential mineral to improve skin’s overall health.
- MAGNESIUM – Plays an important role in regulating neuromuscular activity. In TOPICAL COSMETIC APPLICATION, Magnesium helps skin look younger and helps improve the efficacy of other minerals.
- POTASSIUM – Important role in regulating many body systems: pH of the blood, body waste elimination, oxygen transport, blood pressure maintenance. Potassium also promotes healthy skin. In TOPICAL COSMETIC APPLICATION, potassium helps keep skin clean and helps to minimize skin irritations/blemishes.
- CHLORIDE – Aids in digestion and the body’s absorption of many nutrients. In TOPICAL COSMETIC APPLICATION, chloride maintains healthy pH of the skin, is skin balancing and helps to minimize skin irritations/blemishes.
- ZINC – An antioxidant nutrient. In TOPICAL COSMETIC APPLICATION, zinc in the form of zinc oxide is a physical sunscreen, providing SPF protection. Zinc also helps keep the skin pure and clean.
- COPPER – Copper is essential for the body’s absorption and utilization of vital vitamins and minerals. In TOPICAL COSMETIC APPLICATION, copper helps keep skin smooth and plump. It fills in and minimizes appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- SILICA – In TOPICAL COSMETIC APPLICATION, Silica controls shine and absorbs oil, providing natural healthy looking skin, minimizing appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- MICA – In TOPICAL COSMETIC APPLICATION, mica helps blur imperfections and fine lines. Provides power with silky texture and a natural radiance on skin.
- TITANIUM DIOXIDE – In TOPICAL COSMETIC APPLICATION, titanium dioxide provides opacity, cover and SPF protection.
I don’t know about you, but when I received this information from the laboratory, knowing that it came from manufacturers, and not advertisers, I found it to be very interesting and certainly made me a believer in “Mineral Makeup”.
If you have any questions about any makeup, please feel free to ask me. I am very well connected to major laboratories who produce for the major companies and I am able to inquire and get any information necessary.
I sincerely am wishing that this blog has enlightened so many women!