26 Jun SHELLAC NAIL POLISH : THE PROS & CONS
Shellac manicures have taken over the market in recent years . Shellac nail polish is a cross between gel nails and traditional nail polish. It gets applied like regular nail polish but dries like gel. Shellac gives your manicure a little more stability than the usual manicure, allowing longer lasting results. These manicures take slightly more time than the regular because of the UV curing process between each coat. The result is 45 minutes to an hour of your time every 2 weeks to have beautiful , mirror-like , chip free nails .
Two of our most frequently asked questions about shellac are :
“Will shellac ruin my nails ? ” and ” Will I get skin cancer from the UV lamp?”
Here’s the skinny on shellac nail polish : It is nicknamed the ” super -polish ” for a reason ! 95% of Bliss’ weekly manicure clients have opted to switch over to shellac for many reasons .
Here are the PROS:
- TIME -SAVER : you get on average 2 weeks of beautiful, shiny, no – chip polish . This eliminates weekly visits.
- For those of you with weak nails , it protects and helps to strengthen them, resulting in longer, stronger nails .
- The polish is 100% dry – YES DRY! NO CHANCE of smudging it when you leave .
- The polish is thin and natural looking unlike thick and heavy looking gel or acrylic nails .
Now for the CONS:
- Nails MUST be hydrated with nourishing cuticle oil to keep the nail plate healthy, and to prevent drying . The shellac is porous so the oil will penetrate and nourish nails underneath .
- Exposure to UV light : a LOW 9 WATT bulb is used in the shellac lamp . The average person is getting more sun exposure on their hands while driving with their hands on the steering wheel than during a shellac manicure. We at BLISS recommend to our clients to apply an SPF on their hands before their mani if it is of concern for them . Your shellac mani WILL NOT cause cancer .
- Shellac must be removed by a professional as to avoid damage to nails. Shellac is cured onto nails and if peeled off or removed improperly can weaken nails .
Ok Ladies, now you can carefully weigh out your options with these helpful bits of info. If you haven’t yet treated yourself to a shellac mani, you don’t know what you are missing !!! SPOIL YOURSELF and YOU be the judge…
BLISS GIRLS xo