30 Sep Skin care to beat the winter blues
As much as we don’t want to admit it, winter is slowly creeping up on us and the first thing I always notice is the change in my skin.
To keep your skin looking fresh I’ve put together an easy skin care routine to get you through the cold winter months.
1. Exfoliator– Ocean Salt by LUSH is an amazing scrub that I use all year around. The minerals in sea salt help to breakdown product on the skin and the avocado with coconut are great for hydrating. I use this 1-2 times a week.
2. Cleanser– my current favorite the Soy Cleanser from FRESH. This cleanser removes everything and leaves the skin feeling so smooth. it’s rich in amino acids, aka the stuff that helps your skin retain moisture amongst many other benefits. It’s also safe to use every day; morning and night. *bonus it also removes eye makeup!*
3. Toner– Roma water from LUSH is a fabulous toner! Based with lavender and rose essential oils, it helps to calm the skin and hydrate. I use this morning and night on freshly washed skin.
4. Day Moisturizer– GinZing Energy-Boosting moisturizer by ORIGINS is great for day time. Its main ingredients are coffee bean and ginseng which are great for giving dull winter skin that beautiful glow as well as its light weight formula which still packs a lot of hydration.
5. Night Moisturizer– Coconut oil. Yep the stuff you buy at the grocery store. This stuff is liquid gold. I suggest only using this at night to allow your skin to breathe and have a chance to absorb it properly. I know the term “oil” as some people concerned especially if you are prone to oily skin but I assure you it does not block your pores!
6. WATER!! We hear this ALL the time but keeping the body hydrated from the inside out will help with dehydrated skin. So don’t forget your 8 glasses a day!
Bundle up! xox